Monday, April 30, 2007

Micro Kitchens

As my Supercheap Auto colleagues will attest, I am a fan of snacking and food generally. One of my favourite unofficial rules at Google is that every Googler must be within 50m of a food. There is a micro kitchen about 20m from my desk. Here are some pics of the glorious snacks that reside there.

Chocolates on the top shelf, cereal and muesli next, organic fruit, then nuts, organic chocolate brownies (my favourite), chips and other odds and ends on the bottom shelf.


Care for a drink anyone?


The fridges are topped up with pre-made salads each day.


Along with sandwiches and sushi (in the black boxes).


The sandwiches are seriously amazing. This one might look lame with the alfalfa sprouts etc. but it is possibly one of the best sandwiches I think I've ever eaten. It's called the 'So Cal', short for Southern California I believe. It is made up of:
  • Thinly Sliced Turkey,
  • Pepper Jack Cheese,
  • Alfalfa Sprouts,
  • Heirloom Tomato and
  • Avocoado Aioli on a
  • Herbed Ciabatta Roll.


There's also a wicked coffee machine.


And random snacks like these donuts which appear from time to time.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Michael you are too spoilt! Wait till you get back to Sydney!